“And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things: But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.” (Luke 10:42).
Often, I find that I am like Martha – I get troubled over seemingly important things; however, I know that the Spirit is reminding me to sit at Christ’s feet and simply listen to “that good part.” I hope to explore these things, and, consequently, choose them.
I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormons). I love reading the scriptures and discussing various gospel topics. I am a mother, in my thirties, raising four kids who are all trying to kill me with their cuteness.
I can’t ever think of what to write in these “about me” sections…so here goes
So…here’s a little bit about me…
– I like to make and wear tie-dye tee-shirts…
– I love to eat chocolate
– I like balsamic vinegar and olive oil on my salad.
– I could eat pizza every day – especially if it was from Caln Pizza and Pasta in Downingtown, PA. or Rays Pizza in Scottsdale, AZ.
– I only have one TV in my house.
– I am right handed and a little jealous of lefties.
– I have had a tonsilectomy.
– I have four kids.
– I love summer. And spring. As long as it’s warm. I think I may have Seasonal Affective Disorder.
– I love the holidays. I’m obsessed with christmas, and halloween is a close second. I love it more – as a mom – than I did as a kid.
– I love the gospel, a lot. I also love laughing.
– I love watching movies.
– Our family had a pet Betta fish – Mr. Sparkie. My oldest daughter (Tiger) won it in class. We had it for more than two years before it finally died. Then, we got two goldfish who both died within two days. (both of them were named “Dorothy” by my third daughter – Sasquatch – who is obsessed with Elmo.
– I love flexing.
– I have been in three car accidents.
– Once, I felt like I had hit rock bottom, but the thing was – it didn’t hurt as much as I thought it would. Don’t get me wrong, it hurt, but I could feel the love of the Savior throughout the experience. My “rock bottom” was not caused by my own decision, but by the decision of another. My bishop, at the time, said it the best – I was entering into the gates of my own Gethsemane. As difficult as it was, I am grateful that I went through it. I’m a much better person for the experiences the Lord has given me.
– If I could go back in time, I’d like to meet Teancum. And Gideon (from the Book of Mormon). And Mary Magdalene. And Jesus, of course.
– When I was in first grade my favorite songs were: Sweet Dreams (Eurythmics), Rock Me Amadeus (Falco), and We Built this City (Can’t remember the artist).
– “Make new friends, but keep the old…Some are silver, the others gold.” – I feel like this is true. I value my friends. But there is nothing like an old friend.
– I only drink water…with an occasional hot chocolate.
I hope you like the blog. You can contact me through comments or email at chococatania[at]gmail[dot]com. Thanks for stopping by.
The views expressed in this website are my own, and they are not official views from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I try to stay in line, however, with what the church teaches, and ask anyone who comments to do the same. 🙂
Hope you like it here!