Here is the scripture study “assignment” for the Joy and Thanksgiving scripture study series. Tomorrow, I will share some of my thoughts/insights…
- Read 2 Nephi 2:13 (you may want to read the verses before-hand to understand the context of this verse)
- Lehi teaches a few connections to Jacob – for example, sin and righteousness. What are the other connections he makes in the verse?
- How are these things that Lehi mentions connected? – For example, what does sin have to do with righteousness?
- Often, we talk about opposition. Why do you think that opposition is part of the plan of happiness?
- Again, Lehi is making a few connections. What are they?
How does misery help us to understand joy? How does sinning help us to understand doing good?
- They say, “Ignorance is bliss” but, if we are ignorant, then we never experience joy. How do you think that experiencing misery will help you to experience joy – even as you struggle through trials?
- What did Adam do first?
- After his fall, what is available to all of mankind?
- Because of the fall, we experience sadness and pain, yet another result of the fall is to experience joy. How have your adversities and painful experiences helped you to feel joy in your life? If they haven’t yet brought you joy, how may they help you to feel joy in the future?
- How does understanding the connection between Joy and Misery help you to overcome trials, feel the strength of God, and be healed?
Check in tomorrow for lots of fun!