“You are a daughter of Heavenly Father, who knows you and loves you. Read Psalms 8:4–6; Jeremiah 1:5; John 13:34; Doctrine and Covenants 18:10; Abraham 3:22–23; and Joseph Smith—History 1:1–20. Write in your journal how these scriptures teach you that Heavenly Father knows you, loves you, and is mindful of you.” – – Individual Worth – Value Experience 1
A few points that I learned in this reading:
- God created the whole earth, yet He is mindful of man. We have been blessed. (see Psalms 8:4–6)
- God knew us before our existence on this Earth. He sent us here for various specific purposed. The Lord knows us and what we are capable of doing. (see Jeremiah 1:5)
- God loves us. We are commanded to do likewise and love one another. (see John 13:34)
- The worth of souls is great in the sight of God. (see Doctrine and Covenants 18:10)
- God had a special relationship with each of us before we came to this earth. (see Abraham 3:22–23)
- Heavenly Father is willing to answer our humble prayers – no matter our circumstances, wealth, power, and ability. He loves each of us – as we are His children. (see Joseph Smith—History 1:1–20)
It brings me so much comfort to know that I have a Heavenly Father who knows me, specifically. He knows my strengths and weaknesses. He knows the desires of my heart. He knows who I was, am, and who I can be. Accordingly, He has blessed me with the life that will best suit me – so I can receive salvation.
I know that this is easy for me to believe. I’m blessed. I have a good life. Sometimes it is hard to understand why there are so many who suffer in such horrible circumstances. But I feel like Heavenly Father is mindful of their pain, and he will bless them. He has sent us to this world so we can be proven. We each must endure our own lives well. It is comforting to remember that He is aware of our challenges and that we can go to Him for strength.
There is a phrase in my patriarchal blessing that I will share because I think that it can apply to every single one of us. “Recognize, that you have been sent here. … You were sent at this time so that you might do more with your life than you ever could have done at any other time in the History of the Earth.”
Heavenly Father knows and loves each of us. He hopes for our success. He has known us long before we can remember. We can trust in Him. We can do as He commands – even when we don’t see the entire picture. Even when the commandment doesn’t make sense to our mortal minds. We can trust that He will guide us to do what is best because He loves us.