I’ve been making resolutions for years now. Sometimes, I do well with them. Other times, I kind of end up doing what we all seem to do: give up by January 4th.
This year, I’m taking a new approach – I want to develop a quality. I’ve decided that my motto for the year is:
This can extend to every facet of my life: I can be a more diligent mother, wife, creator, exerciser, etc. I want to be diligent and organized. So that’s kind of the giant umbrella.
I once read that goals need to be “SMART” – Specific, Measureable, Attainable, Realistic, and Timely. The “diligence” idea doesn’t really fit into this definition of a “smart” goal. So, I think that I’m breaking down this motto into many attainable goals.
As far as my spirituality is concerned: My goals include:
- Finish “Scripture Spiderweb” of Jacob, Enos, Jarom, Omni, and Words of Mormon
- Stay current with Sunday School and Relief Society Lessons
- Take 3 names from my Family to the temple
- 12 Temple Visits. – The stake presidency extended the challenge to do 12 temple visits. I’m not going to say that I’ll go to the temple monthly We have a young family, and the temple is a 4 hour drive (one way). Soon my sister will be moving to Oklahoma City, and I think that will make the temple trip more feasable. However, even though I can’t commit to the monthly idea, I know that I can do 12 temple visits. I know that when we get to the temple, I can do more than one session. And I know that we can still make it a priority in our lives. I’m hoping that we can go every other month, and then do multiple sessions at each visit.
- Help the girls get five generations of their family History
- Read the Old Testament.
- Keep up the Mo-blog (this one) 3 times a week
- DAILY Scripture study and prayer!!!!!
Okay, these goals seems lofty, but I think that I can do these things – this is a Year-long goal, so I hope to be able to accomplish each of these things by year’s end. Plus, I feel like, in completing each of these tasks, I will be a more diligent person (it will require DILIGENCE to really complete these things). I also think that diligence will come with accountability, so the blog will be the place for that. I’m formulating some ideas, and I hope to have one presented by the end of the week (tomorrow?)…
Thanks for reading.